Man Utd blow as No.6 contract rebel intends to sign for Real Madrid

Paul Pogba has allegedly informed Manchester United that he is keen to join Real Madrid for nothing at the end of the 2021-22 season.

The 28-year-old midfielder’s contract at the Old Trafford side is due to expire in the summer, and it appears extremely unlikely that he’ll be signing a fresh contract with the 20-time English champions.

Los Blancos have long been mentioned with the 2018 FIFA World Cup winner, while Mauricio Pochettino’s Paris Saint-Germain and former club Juventus are also understood to be in the running for his services later this year.

According to a recent report from a British daily newspaper the Daily Star, the ex-Bianconeri ace has told the Premier League giants that he wants to move to the Galacticos on a free transfer ahead of the next campaign.

Pogba hasn’t played for the Red Devils since the start of November because of a thigh problem but could be back on the pitch in the early stages of February.

The club’s interim manager Ralf Rangnick has insisted that the player is in his plans for the second half of the term despite seemingly wanting to leave for free this summer.


6'4" English central defender being monitored by Man Utd

Manchester United have an interest in Wolverhampton Wanderers centre-half Max Kilman who has enjoyed a brilliant Premier League campaign under the Portuguese manager Bruno Lage, according to 90 min.

A few defensive stars could be leaving the Old Trafford outfit and will need replacing with quality players.

Phil Jones is expected to depart, while there are speculations surrounding Eric Bailly in the ongoing market.

If either centre-back quits the club, Manchester United will have to keep tabs on a replacement. Wolves’ 24-year-old star, who has had a stunning season in the division so far.

He has become an important part of the team and cemented his place in the back three. Max has made 20 top-flight appearances this season and has become integral to the side’s rise under the head coach.

While Kilman’s importance may be only just growing, the Midlands outfit may be reluctant to sell the Englishman just yet.


He’s getting his strides right at his club, but Max may not be a first choice centre-half if he joins the 20-time English champions.

Moreover, the player has a long-term contract with the English club, which will make it difficult for Ralf Rangnick’s side to see through a transfer.

However, if United make a sensational offer that Wolves cannot turn down, the plot could change, although his decision would also be key.

Juventus pull out of race to snap up wantaway Man Utd man in January

Juventus have reportedly ruled out the possibility of landing Anthony Martial from Manchester United.

He is actively looking to leave the Red Devils before the end of the January transfer market after struggling for game time this season.

But the club are demanding a loan sum in the region of £6 million and also want the attacker’s £150,000 per week salary to be paid in full.

Sevilla have allegedly already made an approach this transfer window but their offer fell short of the Old Trafford side’s demands.

Meantime, reports claim that the Frenchman has turned down offers from Tottenham Hotspur and Newcastle United.

When quizzed about a possible move for the player on Tuesday evening, I Bianconeri’s chief executive, Maurizio Arrivabene, emphatically ruled out the prospect of bringing him to Serie A.


‘Absolutely not at those figures. We don’t wait for them [United] to come down, we don’t wait at all. We don’t talk about it.’ he said.

In other news, Wolverhampton Wanderers star Max Kilman has reportedly drawn the attention of Manchester United because of his performances at club level this term.

The 24-year-old defender has been an important player for Bruno Lage’s side this season, making 23 appearances across all competitions, including 20 games in the Premier League.