No.7 youngster 'expected to feature' for Arsenal on Friday

Arsenal star Bukayo Saka has allegedly been given the green light to return to full training and will be available to take on Dean Smith’s Aston Villa on Friday.

The 20-year-old attacker was forced off at half-time in the Gunners’ 2-2 draw with Crystal Palace earlier this week after being chopped down from behind by midfielder James McArthur while clearing the ball.

Manager Mikel Arteta was furious with the challenge, but the Eagles star escaped with only a booking and Bukayo was replaced by summer acquisition Albert Sambi Lokonga for the second half as out-of-favour Alexandre Lacazette rescued a late point for his team.

The Arsenal chief revealed his player’s right leg was ‘very sore’ following the match and there had been uncertainty over whether the Englishman would be fit to face the Villa.

However, according to The Sun, the club’s medical team have given the ace the go-ahead to join the rest of the team in training once again and the academy graduate is expected to feature at the Emirates.

‘We had to take him off because he could not continue,’ Mikel told Sky Sports shortly after his side’s draw with Palace.

‘He was very sore in the area. When I look at the action I cannot understand how the player can continue to play.’

Pressed on whether James should have been sent off, the Spanish tactician replied: ‘Absolutely.’

Exiled German shot-stopper will quit Arsenal if this continues

Arsenal goalkeeper Bernd Leno has revealed that if he doesn’t receive more game time he could push for a transfer away from the Emirates Stadium outfit in the January transfer market.

The 29-year-old star was Arsenal’s number one last campaign, playing in 35 of the club’s 38 Premier League fixtures, but the struggling shot-stopper has not featured in the Spanish manager Mikel Arteta’s side since their 5-0 defeat versus Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City.

The London giants brought the highly-rated Aaron Ramsdale for £24 million from the fellow English side Sheffield United in the summer transfer market and the ex-Blades ace has earned his place in the starting XI between the posts.

Bernd told SportBild: “Only if nothing changes in my situation by winter would I have to think about things: what option do I have, how can I continue? But I’m concentrating on my work in training; I can’t commit to anything else at the moment.”

Italian champions Inter Milan have reportedly registered an interest in Leno’s availability, but he could be keen on a return to his hometown club Stuttgart in the German top-flight Bundesliga.

The goalie has kept 35 clean sheets in 121 matches for Arsenal since arriving at the club from Bayer Leverkusen three years ago.

Arsenal have to act quickly if they still wish to land Gladbach contract rebel

Manchester City are allegedly set to rekindle their interest in signing Borussia Monchengladbach’s holding midfielder and Arsenal target Denis Zakaria.

The Citizens are apparently prioritising the purchase of a new forward, though they’re also looking for a long-term replacement to 36-year-old Brazil international Fernandinho, who will see his current deal expire next summer.

The north London outfit, meantime, are rebuilding their roster and Zakaria is one player they’d love to add to it.

However, according to a recent report from the Manchester Evening News, the club will turn their attention to landing Denis, who will also see his existing deal expire in the summer of 2022.

Monchengladbach senior member Max Eberl revealed in the summer that the 24-year-old star is likely to quit the club, which would see the Switzerland international end his five-year association in Germany.

Apart from the aforementioned clubs, he has also been linked with Liverpool, but unfortunately for Mikel Arteta’ side and the Reds, it is thought that Manchester City are the current favourites for his signature.

The former Young Boys ace has made 134 appearances in all competitions for Die Fohlen, netting 11 goals and providing eight assists.