Liverpool involved in fierce transfer battle for Bournemouth talent

The Daily Mail have reported that Liverpool, Everton, Manchester United, Leicester City and Tottenham Hotspur are all interested in launching a late move to sign Bournemouth’s David Brooks before Friday’s 5pm deadline.

The 23-year-old was an £11.5 million signing from Sheffield United in the summer transfer market of 2018.

But the Wales international has managed just 46 games for the Cherries since. A long-term injury hampered his progress last campaign.

He showed his quality in the PL during 2018-19, though. Clocking up 30 top-flight appearances, Brooks had a hand in 12 goals – netting seven and creating five. Following his side relegation, his future is in doubt.

However, it looks unlikely that a rumoured deal could occur but the report claims all five Premier League clubs are interested, and if a bid of £40 million is tabled – then they could cash in before the deadline.

In other news, Liverpool are reportedly demanding a £1 million loan fee for Harry Wilson as the forward prepares to leave the Reds.

The 23-year-old star featured for the Premier League champions versus Arsenal in the EFL Cup earlier this month, but he wasn’t been involved in the league during the 2020-21 term.

Swansea City are said to be leading the race for the Wales international, who scored seven PL goals while on loan at Bournemouth last term.

However, according to The Sun, the Reds want a £1m loan fee for the versatile forward, whose wages are also expected to be taken on by his new team.

29-year-old star 'thought about' parting company with Liverpool

Liverpool attacker Xherdan Shaqiri has revealed that he considered a transfer away from Anfield during the transfer window.

The Swiss has struggled for Premier League starts over the likes of Sadio Mane and Mohamed Salah, with Takumi Minamino’s arrival in Merseyside also complicating his situation.

The 29-year-old is still awaiting his first taste of top-flight action this campaign and was tipped to leave in the most recent transfer market, but speaking prior to Switzerland’s 3-3 draw with Germany in the UEFA Nations League this week, Shaqiri affirmed that he is fully focused on his time with the Reds.

“I think enough has been written and said,” Xherdan said in quotes attributed to the Evening Standard.

“We are here to play an international game and I don’t want to talk too much about Liverpool because tomorrow is a good game and we must not forget it.

“Sure, in football there is always speculation and the players think about their situations. That is completely normal.

“And of course, I have also thought about it, that is completely normal. But in the end I decided to stay there. The transfer window is now closed.

“Now I will go back to training with the team after these international matches and try to continue to perform well, which I have already proven a few times, also at Liverpool. And that is my goal.”

Xherdan has totalled eight goals in 42 appearances for the Anfield outfit since arriving from Stoke City back in 2018, and the tricky winger is contracted to the Premier League champions until June 2023.

Championship club given opportunity to sign Liverpool winger

Swansea City have allegedly been offered the chance to land Liverpool’s Harry Wilson on loan for the current campaign.

The Welshman is now back at Anfield after spending the 2019-20 term on loan at Bournemouth, where he contributed seven goals in 31 PL appearances for the relegated Cherries.

He has now been sent out on loan three campaigns in a row and was linked with a move away from the Reds in the most recent transfer window, where Harry boasts just one appearance in the EFL Cup this term.

According to The Sun, the 23-year-old star could now be set for his fourth consecutive season elsewhere as the Reds have offered Harry the chance to return to his native Wales with Swansea.

The report claims that the Reds were satisfied with Rhian Brewster’s loan spell at Swansea – with the English talent then proceeding to join Sheffield United in a £23.5 million deal – and Wilson could be in line for a similar fate.

However, the Swans are set to face stern competition for Wilson’s signature, as Norwich City, Cardiff City, Nottingham Forest and Derbi County are all understood to be in the running.

Meantime, Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United are among five Premier League clubs allegedly considering a late move for Bournemouth star David Brooks.

The 23-year-old star missed the vast majority of last campaign through injury, being limited to only nine games as Bournemouth suffered relegation from the Premier League.

Brooks has nonetheless been mentioned with a move away from the Vitality Stadium throughout the summer, and top-flight sides still have until 5pm on Friday to strike a deal before the domestic window closes.

A British newspaper the Daily Mail reports that five Premier League outfits are monitoring the Wales international’s situation.