Lyon’s chief Juninho has warned European heavyweights hoping to land Moussa Dembele that the former Celtic forward is not for sale.
The French striker left the Scottish Premiership the previous summer to join the Ligue 1 outfit but his impressive performances have courted interest from across the continent.
Manchester United were heavily connected with a bid for the 23-year-old star this summer but a transfer failed to materialise, with Italian club Juventus also thought to hold an interest in landing him.
Dembele has started the campaign in style, scoring three goals in two matches, and Lyon chief Juninho warned that he’ll be staying with the club.
‘We are satisfied with the players we have,’ the sporting director told Foot Sur 7. ‘We must now build collectively.’
‘We do not need to sell. I would like everyone to stay with us. If Moussa Dembele was to leave it would do us a lot of harm.’
Celtic would be owed between 10 and 15 per cent of any transfer because of a sell-on clause inserted into the agreement that saw him move to Les Gones for £20 million.
While United can not move for Dembele this summer because of the English transfer window being closed, Juventus can attempt and get a deal over the line before the European market slams shut on September 2.
Meantime, Borussia Dortmund have handed Jadon Sancho an improved deal in an attempt to fend off interest from Manchester United, Bild reports.
The young English forward has been rewarded after netting 12 goals and assisting 14 more in his 34 top-flight appearances last season.
Manchester United centre-back Marcos Rojo is reportedly on the brink of signing for Turkish side Fenerbahce.
The Argentine star joined Manchester United from the Liga NOS outfit Sporting CP in the summer of 2014 for a reported transfer sum of £16 million.
The 29-year-old star has since made 113 matches for the Red Devils, scoring two goals and picking up four assists.
Marcos has struggled to prove himself as a regular for the Premier League heavyweights owing to injuries. Last campaign, he made only 6 appearances in all competitions, starting in only three of them.
The South American centre-back was close to joining Everton but the deal fell through with the Times reporting that the Glazers did not want to sell him to a Premier League side which could challenge for the top 6.
However, Marcos could still depart Old Trafford before the transfer market closes as Fenerbahce are close to landing him on a loan deal according to the Turkish TV show A Spor.
Provided the Super Lig outfit do sign the 29-year-old Rojo, he will be their 10th summer acquisition.
Fenerbahce who finished 6th in the Turkish top-flight last campaign will be eager to do better this time around and have started well with a 5-0 victory over Gazisehir Gaziantep.
With the likes of Victor Lindelof and Harry Maguire in central defence, it seems very unlikely that Marcos will find much playing time this campaign.
Hence, a move to Istanbul could do him well and can also help the star return to the Argentina national team.
The defender is yet to feature for La Albiceleste since the previous summer’s World Cup in Russia where he netted the winner against Nigeria that took his country to the knockout stages.
Former Tottenham Hotspur centre-forward Fernando Llorente is understood to be delaying making a final decision on his future in the hope that he’ll receive an offer from Manchester United.
The 34-year-old star is a free agent after walking away from the Premier League side this summer, and he is said to have attracted interest from a host of sides in both Italy and Spain.
However, according to TEAMtalk, the Spaniard is prepared to snub them all as Fernando waits for an offer from the Red Devils, who are believed to have made contact with his representatives earlier in the summer.
The club are open to bringing in a new centre-forward on a free transfer to allow for greater rotation as they compete in the Europa League this campaign, and they see Fernando as a potential candidate.
Having lost Romelu Lukaku to Inter Milan, and with the Chilean Alexis Sanchez set to follow suit, the club have just Mason Greenwood, Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford as their options at striker.
However, with Rashford and Martial both playing a major role in Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s main team, there aren’t too many options for rotation if the EPL giants enjoy deep runs in competitions like the FA Cup and Europa League.
That’s where Fernando comes in. He boasts plenty of experience in both the Europa League and Premier League and could be snapped up for nothing if he continues to delay penning a contract somewhere else.