Moussa Dembele has distanced himself from a transfer to Manchester United and insists he will remain with Lyon for the remainder of the season.
The 23-year-old forward has been heavily linked with a switch to Old Trafford as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is looking to strengthen his attacking options during the January transfer market.
Lyon, however, have remained adamant that the striker won’t be sold this month and Dembele, who has netted 15 goals for the French club this season, says he isn’t looking to leave.
‘I am a Lyon player and I will remain so until the end of the season,’ Moussa said after Lyon’s win over LOSC Lille on Tuesday.
‘I do not think that there will be a departure this winter. Lots of things are being said. It is up to me to ignore that and remain concentrated on the pitch.’
Earlier this week, Les Gones’ president Jean-Michel Aulas reiterated that Moussa will not be sold.
‘Our players are often targeted,’ he said. We want Moussa Dembele and Lucas Tousart to stay. The latter has received significant offers.
‘If he leaves, we will have to replace him first. But I think they will stay. Now is not the time for us to weaken our team.’
Meanwhile, Inter Milan are reportedly preparing to offer youngster Tahith Chong a five-year contract in the hope of landing the Manchester United attacker ahead of Juventus and Barcelona.
The 20-year-old winger has made seven first-team appearances for Manchester United during the 2019-20 season, including PL outings against Leicester City and Newcastle United.