Borussia Dortmund’s chief Michael Zorc has told Manchester United that Jadon Sancho won’t be sold this summer and claims the winger’s deal was secretly extended to 2023 last year.

Sancho is the Red Devils’ priority target for the summer and reports have stated that the 20-year-old has already agreed a £220,000 per week deal with the club.

BVB, however, are standing firm over Jadon’s €120 million (£107.8m) asking price and United have thus far been unable to reach an agreement with the Bundesliga side as they aim to fund the deal by paying in instalments.

They had set a deadline of August 10 for United to seal a deal for Sancho as that date marked the start of the pre-season training camp in Switzerland.

He joined up with his teammates for Monday’s training session in Bad Ragaz and Die Borussen are now telling United that a deal for the Englishman will not go through this summer.

‘We plan on having Jadon Sancho in our team this season,’ Michael told reporters at the team’s training camp on Monday afternoon.

‘The decision is final. I think that answers all of the questions.’

Zorc also revealed that the club had extended Sancho’s contract by another year last year.

‘Last summer, we adjusted Jadon’s salary to match the development of his performances,’ said Michael.

‘So in context, we had already extended his contract until 2023 back then.’

Elsewhere, Manchester City are allegedly hopeful that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side will publicly rule themselves out of the race to bring in Kalidou Koulibaly from Serie A giants Napoli this summer.