Serie A giants begin talks with agent of 20-year-old Man Utd contract rebel

Manchester United youngster Tahith Chong’s agent has been pictured meeting with Inter Milan senior figures ahead of a potential free transfer this summer transfer window.

Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano shared a snap of the Dutch star’s representative at the offices of the Serie A club.

Along with the snap, Sky Sport Italia journalist wrote: “Inter just met in Milan with the agent of Tahith Chong.

“He’ll be free agent on next June and has been offered to the Italian club. Many teams interested in him.”

Tahith has also been on the radar of Juventus in a £35,000 per week deal – but Nerazzurri may have beaten them to the punch.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is understood to still be mulling over whether to offer the youngster a fresh contract.

Chong and his agents are due to sit down with the Red Devils in the next two weeks to thrash out terms.

Earlier this month, a Old Trafford source said: “The club hasn’t given up hope. Tahith knows how highly we rate him.

“Juventus are apparently pushing quite hard, so it must be quite a difficult time for him.

“United have consistently shown that young players here don’t need to chase the money elsewhere.”

But it now appears more and more likely the Netherlands Under-21s star will be heading to Italy on a free transfer in a couple of months after his agent was seen at Inter.

Chong has been at Old Trafford since 2016 when he joined from Feyenoord – but has managed just four PL appearances despite his obvious potential.

The versatile forward has played seven times this campaign, but all but two of those have been in cup competitions.

Italian journalist makes surprise claim about Napoli defender move to Man Utd

Manchester United have sensationally struck a deal for Napoli centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly, according to Italian radio.

The signing, worth around £60 million, for the Senegalese player is all done, Italian journalist Fabio Santini has claimed.

The Red Devils have had the Senegalese 28-year-old defender on their radar for a number of transfer markets.

The latest reports now state that Kalidou will be a Manchester United player come the summer.

Fabio told TV show Il Processo on the station 7 Gold: ”Napoli will sell Kalidou Koulibaly to Manchester United for a figure of around 70-75m Euros. It seems all done”.

Fabio went on to add: ”Naturally, such a deal will be closed only in June and certainly not in January in the winter transfer window”.

United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s squad have suffered tremendously when it comes to their defence so adding Kalidou will no doubt bolster their back line.

Harry Maguire joined the roster at the start of the season on a deal worth £80 million, but the centre-back not been able to overturn the weakness in the defence.

Although the Red Devils were back to their best over the weekend with a 4-0 thumping win over Norwich, Maguire believes inconsistency has been the team’s biggest problem.

Harry told reporters after the win: ”Our problem has been inconsistency.

”We have played two good games and one bad game and it has not been good enough in terms of that.

We are not getting carried away. It was a good performance, clean sheet, win but we have to go again on Wednesday and get another good result.

”Like I said, if we put a few wins together on the bounce we will have every chance of a top four finish”.

Former Tottenham boss remains long-term target for Man Utd

Mauricio Pochettino retains support from senior figures on Manchester United’s board, who are still minded to appoint the South American at the end of the season.

The former Tottenham manager was favourite to replace Jose Mourinho at Old Trafford last year but Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s success as interim boss led to the club appointing the Norwegian boss on a three-year deal.

Solskjaer’s win rate has since nosedived and the Red Devils are five points off the Top 4, which was considered a minimum requirement at the start of the campaign.

United maintain they have a long-term plan in place under Ole but the Independent claim some members on the management still want Pochettino in charge.

It’s stated that, though there is support for Ole, many hope a deal with Pochettino can still be reached at the end of the term as the Argentine is viewed as the long-term solution to the club’s problem.

Sir Alex Ferguson is a known admirer of Mauricio and dined with the Argentine while he was Tottenham chief, fuelling speculation that he was being lined up for a switch to Old Trafford.

But the club cannot be seen to be planning for Ole’s departure and the situation differs from previous sackings as the manager has legend status at Old Trafford for his contributions as a player.

Nevertheless, Mauricio’s record with youth and the brand of football his teams play makes him an ideal fit for the Theatre of Dreams and the Argentine is believed to be interested in a return to the Premier League.

The cost of sacking Ole would come in at around £4 million, which is significantly less than previous payouts for the likes of Jose Mourinho and Louis van Gaal.