Real Betis want to bring Man Utd striker back to Spain

Real Betis are allegedly keen on landing on-loan Manchester United forward Odion Ighalo.

The 31-year-old star’s loan move at Old Trafford from the Chinese club Shanghai Shenhua is due to expire at the end of January, and there will be no extension on the agreement.

As it stands, Odion will return to Asia in February, but according to a report by Estadio Deportivo, the Nigerian isn’t keen on a move back to the Chinese Super League.

The report states that La Liga club Betis are exploring the possibility of snapping up the experienced attacker on loan with a view to a permanent move at the end of the 2020-21 season.

Manuel Pellegrini’s side could face competition from a host of clubs, though, as teams from the MLS and Serie A are also believed to be keeping a close eye on developments.

Odion arrived at United last January and has netted five times in 23 appearances for the Red Devils, but he has only featured on four occasions this season.

The striker, who has a contract with the Flower of Shanghai until December 2021, also has previous experience of La Liga football, netting 13 times in 73 matches for Granada in Spain’s top flight.

Elsewhere, United are still said to be in the hunt to sign Dayot Upamecano in spite of Bayern Munich’s declaration they will land him in the summer.

The RB Leipzig centre-half is on the radar of several sides, with Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester City also believed to be admirers.

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said last week that Bayern will make their move for the player once his £40m release clause becomes valid this summer.

But there is no clear favourite in the race to secure the services of the France international, according to Goal.

£75,000-a-week Man Utd misfit moves closer to Old Trafford exit

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has reportedly sanctioned a loan move away from Manchester United for midfielder Jesse Lingard during this month’s transfer market, with an exit no depending on the club’s management.

ESPN report that the Norwegian did wish to keep the out-of-favour player at the club for the second-half of the campaign, but has ultimately switched this stance after discussions with Lingard.

It’s claimed that West Brom and Sheffield United are keen on the star with eyes on the 28-year-old Englishman from Tottenham Hotspur, Newcastle and West Ham, as well as interest from abroad.

Jesse suffered a massive decline after the 2018 FIFA World Cup, with the England international now firmly out-of-favour at United and playing a very minimal role for his side.

References from England head coach Gareth Southgate and his assistant Steve Holland sent around management circles per the aforementioned TV channel will surely help Lingard find a team, perhaps making up for the lack of action that could perhaps leave a side reluctant to move for him.

Jesse has made just three appearances in all competitions this campaign, all coming in the domestic cups.

Given that United also strengthened their wide ranks with the additions of Amad Diallo and Facundo Pellistri as well as academy graduate Mason Greenwood an option, it is clear that Lingard has absolutely no chance of becoming a first-team player again.

He saw his contract extended via the activating of a one-year option recently, but that is clearly a measure to try and avoid losing him on a free.

Man Utd No.3 'available' for upcoming PL match despite recent absence

Manchester United defender Eric Bailly was a notable absentee from his side’s FA Cup win over Liverpool on Sunday but manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer expects to be able to call on the player in midweek.

Bailly did not even make the bench for the 3-2 victory at Old Trafford, with the Norwegian unwilling to take a risk over Eric’s fitness.

Victor Lindelof started alongside club-record signing Harry Maguire at the heart of the Red Devils defence, with Axel Tuanzebe providing cover for the centre-half role on the bench, and Ole was satisfied with his options.

The former Villarreal ace had a small knock that his manager wasn’t concerned about and he expects Eric to be in contention for Wednesday’s Premier League meeting with Chris Wilder’s struggling Sheffield United.

‘Eric will be available [to face Sheffield United],’ Ole said after the win over the PL champions. ‘It was just a little thing that I didn’t want to risk him today.

‘We had cover on the bench and Victor was ready so there was no point on taking a risk with Eric.

‘He’s fine, there’s no problem. I can’t say if he’s playing or not, but he’s fit and available for selection for Wednesday.’

In the central defender’s absence, goals from substitute Bruno Fernandes, Marcus Rashford and Mason Greenwood helped United book their spot in the fifth round.

Mohamed Salah’s two goals for the Reds proved to be consolations only and the 20-time English champions will go on to face West Ham.