Lyon forward Moussa Dembele says he won’t be moving this summer transfer window, in spite of reports that Manchester United were keen on signing him.
Dembele switched from Celtic the previous year for just under £20 million, and it had been speculated Manchester United would make a £40 million move for him in the summer.
The striker netted 23 goals in 52 matches for Lyon in the 2018/19 season, and he followed that up with the winner in his country’s Under-21’s win over Croatia on Friday to send France into the semi-finals.
United have been connected with a number of young attackers this summer as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer plans to inject some energy into the attack, with Joao Felix, Dembele and Jadon Sancho among those reported to be interesting him.
But Moussa has moved to end the speculation regarding his future, by committing his long-term future to Lyon after the Croatia match.
Dembele said: “I still have 4 years left on my contract, I will be in Lyon next season.”
In May, Dembele hadn’t ruled out the possibility of leaving Les Gones but admitted he was content in Ligue 1.
“I signed for five years with Lyon and I’m happy there but we’ll see what happens,” Moussa had said. I’m happy to stay with Lyon next season but we’ll see.”
Meanwhile, Serie A giants Juventus are ready to withdraw their long-standing interest in Manchester United star Paul Pogba in order to land the Nerhalnds international Matthijs de Ligt and Paris Saint-Germain’s contact rebel Adrien Rabiot, according to Sky Italia.