Krystian Bielik believes he’d have been guaranteed a chance at the Emirates Stadium were Arsene Wenger still in charge at the club.
The Pole left Arsenal this summer transfer window in a permanent switch to EL Championship side Derby County after previous loan stints at Birmingham City, Walsall and Charlton.
The Gunners reportedly wanted to tie Bielik to a fresh long-term deal, but the 21-year-old defender decided to join Derby.
Speaking about his transfer, Bielik hinted he didn’t feel Emery would give him opportunities at the club.
‘Is leaving Arsenal my failure? No. I don’t feel that way at all. I know that if Arsene Wenger was still working at the club, I would get a chance,’ Krystian told Polish outlet Przeglad Sportowy.
He explained in the interview Unai had asked him to join the senior-team for pre-season having been impressed with his displays at Charlton.
But soon after the invitation was issued, the Gunners told Bielik of the offer from Derby County and he had no doubts about the move.
Derby County paid a club record for Krystian, with the deal reportedly worth £9.5m after add-ons.
Bielik, who can play at centre-half or as a defensive midfielder, joined Arsenal as a 17-year-old from the Polish outfit Legia Warsaw.
Emery had an active summer transfer window, signing William Saliba, Nicolas Pepe and Kieran Tierney to permanent deals and bringing Real Madrid star Dani Ceballos in on loan.
Ceballos is already a big hit with the Gunners fans and supporters are excited to see how goalscorer Nicolas will link up with Alexandre Lacazette and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
Arsenal are keeping a close eye on Rennes’ teenage sensation Eduardo Camavinga and sent emissaries to watch his eye-catching display against Paris Saint-Germain at the weekend.
The 16-year-old midfielder, who made a handful of appearances last campaign, is extremely highly regarded and showed exactly why as the ace bossed the Parisians’ midfield in a surprise 2-1 win for Rennes on Sunday.
According to a report from the Daily Mail, he is already on the transfer radar of a host of Premier League sides, including Arsenal, Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur.
All three sent scouts to Roazhon Park to watch his performance against PSG, while Tottenham even tried to sign him during the summer off the back of just seven senior matches.
He was the star of the show on the night, operating in midfield, showing poise on the ball, bursting forward and setting up a goal with an ideal cross.
The Angolan-born teenager has started all three of Rennes’ Ligue 1 games so far this campaign and is the process of gaining French nationality.
The French club manager Julien Stephan said of his showing afterwards: ‘He played a match, indeed, like the whole team – very interesting.’
‘We are talking to him. He is someone who is also very well-constructed intellectually, who knows how to question himself, who knows how to ask the right questions.’
‘Many of the pros have taken him under their wing, because he is very respectful in the dressing room and very attentive to their advice. He blossomed with us this summer.’
It is not just Premier League giants who are interested in Camavinga, though, with his performance versus PSG also making the La Liga heavyweight duo Barcelona and Real Madrid stand up and take notice.
Roma have reportedly joined the race for Arsenal centre-back Shkodran Mustafi, who is understood to be free to depart the Emirates Stadium on loan this summer.
Having secured the signing of Brazil international David Luiz from Chelsea on transfer deadline day, senior-team opportunities look like they will be hard to come by for Shkodran, who has been connected with an exit all summer.
There has been a wealth of interest in Mustafi, and now Tuttomercatoweb state that Roma are putting together a loan offer for the German, with a view to a permanent deal next year.
Sporting director Gianluca Petrachi is said to have spoken with Gunners officials to find out their demands and has discovered that Shkodran would be allowed to leave on loan if Giallrossi offer to pay his €3m per year wages.
The Gunners also want the Italians to agree to a price to potentially land him permanently next summer, with a sum of between €20m and €25m thought to be enough to get a deal over the line.
The Serie A side have just finalised a deal for 22-year-old Mert Cetin from the Turkish side Genclerbirligi, but they do not want to rush his introduction to the team, so the club have begun looking for some short-term options.
Giallorossi began by pursuing a deal for Liverpool star Dejan Lovren but, with negotiations breaking down, it seems the club have now turned their attention to Mustafi.
The German star tumbled down the pecking order at the Emirates Stadium last season after a couple of hugely frustrating performances, with both Calum Chambers and Rob Holding now ahead of him in the pecking order.