Arsenal star Dani Ceballos has revealed he could return to La Liga club Real Betis if he doesn’t secure a permanent deal to stay at Arsenal.
The Spaniard, currently on loan from Real Madrid, has been mentioned with various moves given that he seems improbable to remain at his parent club.
Having extended his loan agreement to spend the rest of the prolonged campaign at Arsenal, there are question marks regarding his long-term future.
Seville side Real Betis, lying tenth in the Spanish top-flight, is the club where Dani started his career, helping them win the Segunda Division back in 2015.
Speaking to Spanish radio, Dani confirmed he would think about going back to his roots.
“Betis? It’s an option,” Dani told Cadena SER. “They’re the team that gave me the chance to become a footballer and I’m still a Betis supporter.”
Dani continued: “I’m not closing the door on any club. La Liga sounds good to me, but I’m also happy at Arsenal and I have to respect them. I’m not ruling out staying in the Premier League.”
“I’m the master of my own future next year. Next year I want to play, and I’ll hardly be able to do it at Real Madrid,” the Spaniard explained.
The 23-year-old star has made 30 appearances across all competitions so far for the Gunners. Ceballos said he is content at Arsenal and with Mikel Arteta’s football philosophy.
Meantime, Arsenal’s plans for next campaign have been dealt a blow after midfielder Orkun Kokcu penned a new deal with Feyenoord.
Since the turn of the year, Orkun has been frequently linked with a summer switch to the Emirates Stadium after impressing in the Eredivisie.
Having contributed six goals from 42 games in all competitions, the Gunners were allegedly ready to pay in excess of £20m for the 19-year-old.
Matteo Guendouzi’s transfer request was immediately rejected by Arsenal chiefs when the midfielder met with the management earlier this week, reports say.
Mikel Arteta disciplined Matteo for his actions in the defeat to Brighton, where the star reportedly taunted opponents throughout the match and grabbed Neal Maupay by the throat.
The FA refused to take further action against Guendouzi, but Arteta axed the youngster completely from the squad that beat Southampton on Thursday.
The 21-year-old met with Arsenal chiefs this week to discuss his future and informed them he wanted to leave the club.
ESPN claim Matteo is wary about regular game time, but he received an immediate no from senior figures in the room.
The board told Matteo they have no intention or desire to sell him and reiterated their feeling that he’d become a great player at the Emirates.
Mikel was pressed on Guendouzi’s absence after his side’s win over Southampton, but the Arsenal head coach refused to make any concrete statement.
However, Mikel did suggest any player who did not come on board with his thinking could leave.
‘As I said in the press conference [on Thursday night], whatever internal issues we have we will deal with them privately and I am never going to make any of that public,’ the Spaniard said.
‘All the players that are here, I am counting on them. If they want on the boat, they are more than welcome and that’s always my mindset.
‘I am here to help all of them, to improve individually and collectively and that is my job.’
Ajax manager Erik Ten Hag has revealed that defender Nicolas Tagliafico has the opportunity to quit the club this summer.
Tagliafico joined the Amsterdam side in 2018 and helped the club win the Eredivisie last campaign and reach the Champions League semi final.
The full-back has been mentioned to both Arsenal and Chelsea over the last 12 months but the west Londoners may find the news more useful in their quest for Ben Chilwell.
Reports have claim that the Ajax defender is who Leicester would look to find their successor should the Blues or Manchester City sign the England international.
The Gunners are also keen on the 27-year-old, with manager Mikel Arteta keen to bring in a new left back to allow youngster Bukayo Saka to move further up the field to play a more advanced role.
They are preparing for a big summer in the transfer window, with the future of star attacker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang surrounded by uncertainty amid interest from Barcelona, Manchester United and Real Madrid.
Erik told Het Parool: “The transfer market will start in August. The top leagues are now being played out, so the money flows are maintained. The market value of players will be slightly depressed, but not much.
“Based on their performance and ambition, a number of our players also want to make the move abroad.
“Agreements have been made with Andre Onana, Donny van de Beek and Nicolas Tagliafico, but it must be clear whether the market is indeed breaking loose.”
In other news, Arsenal have been put on red alert as Everton will allegedly be offered the chance to land John Stones from Manchester City this summer.