Highly-rated keeper reaches agreement with Chelsea over new deal

Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively claim that Chelsea youngster and the Nigeria Football Federation target Prince Shakiru Adegoke has agreed a fresh contract with the Blues.

The promising goalkeeper was one of the outstanding prodigies offered a scholarship by Chelsea this past week.

And the star will no longer take football as a hobby but an occupation after penning a scholarship with the Stamford Bridge outfit.

The fresh agreement between club and player will be activated on the summer of 2020, just before the start of the 2020-2021 term.

The likes of Arsenal, Wolves and Bournemouth had been exploring ways to land the exciting netminder before he inked a new deal with The Blues.

Adegoke has made inroads since signing for Chelsea from the Under-12 team of non-league club Langley FC back in April of 2016, rising through the ranks before making the matchday roster for a U18 PL fixture last year’s May.

He was invited to a Golden Eaglets training camp in August 2019 ahead of the 2019 FIFA Under-17 World Cup.

Meantime, former Chelsea man Glen Johnson believes that the Blues’ transfer ban has actually benefitted the club this season.

Johnson, speaking to Express Sport, believes that the embargo has allowed Chelsea to discover talent from their youth clubs, such as Tammy Abraham and Fiyako Tomori.

“When I was there it was totally different, it was when Roman Abramovich was buying all the best players in the world, the younger players didn’t really get a look in,” – Johnson said.

It was a totally different era, every big name came through the door but I’m pleasantly surprised to see how well the kids are doing now. They’ve had to give the kids a chance, though, because they lost their best player and the transfer situation.”

Why Chelsea striker planned transfer to Italy could collapse

Inter Milan’s swoop for Chelsea star Olivier Giroud could be scuppered by the striker’s requests, according to the latest reports.

Former Blues head coach Antonio Conte is keen to bring the Frenchman to the San Siro in January as the Italian tactician looks for more options in the attack following Alexis Sanchez’s injury.

The duo previously worked together at Chelsea and would want a reunion but Italian newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport are claiming there are two possible problems with the move.

Giroud is on €8 million (£6.9 million) a season at Chelsea and Inter Milan are not prepared to match that as part of any deal.

And he’d want his contract to run until June of 2022, while Inter Milan are only planning to hand him an 18-month deal to bring the player to Serie A.

The 33-year-old star is keen to move on as he wants playing-time ahead of UEFA Euro 2020 when he will hope to lead the line for his country.

He has featured just six games for Chelsea in all competitions this season and is behind Michy Batshuayi and Tammy Abraham in the pecking order there.

In other news, Chelsea will learn the verdict in the appeal against a two-window transfer embargo by mid-December, the PA news agency claims.

Lawyers for the Premier League side presented their case at the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) next week, with the hearing understood to have finished at 2.30pm UK time.

Chelsea dealt major injury blow ahead of important PL match

The American prodigy Christian Pulisic is a major doubt for Chelsea’s PL clash with Manchester City on Saturday as the technically gifted star continues recovery from a hip injury.

The USA international could not play in his country’s fixtures versus Canada and Cuba over the international break, staying in the British capital instead.

USA manager Gregg Berhalter said ahead of those games in the CONCACAF Nations League: ‘Christian is officially at this stage ruled out.

‘We just got that information. This was a collaborative decision with the club looking after the best interest of the player.’

The 21-year-old star was substituted in Chelsea’s last game, the 2-0 win over Crystal Palace in the league, which head coach Frank Lampard played down at the time.

‘The only frustration is he comes off with a bit of an injury,’ said Frank. He was going to be subbed before he scored his goal, he’s got a bit of a hip issue, but I’m hoping it’s not too bad because the way he’s in full flow at the moment is great to see.’

Christian has been in superb form of late for the Blues, scoring five goals in his last three PL matches including a memorable hat-trick against Burnley.

The Sun are reporting that he won’t be available for the trip to the Etihad Stadium on Saturday, although Chelsea are yet to confirm this and Frank may be tempted to risk one of his form stars against the champions.