Footy Extras

Lyon star pours cold water on Man Utd hopes of landing him this summer

Lyon forward Moussa Dembele says he won’t be moving this summer transfer window, in spite of reports that Manchester United were keen on signing him.

Dembele switched from Celtic the previous year for just under £20 million, and it had been speculated Manchester United would make a £40 million move for him in the summer.

The striker netted 23 goals in 52 matches for Lyon in the 2018/19 season, and he followed that up with the winner in his country’s Under-21’s win over Croatia on Friday to send France into the semi-finals.

United have been connected with a number of young attackers this summer as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer plans to inject some energy into the attack, with Joao Felix, Dembele and Jadon Sancho among those reported to be interesting him.

But Moussa has moved to end the speculation regarding his future, by committing his long-term future to Lyon after the Croatia match.

Dembele said: “I still have 4 years left on my contract, I will be in Lyon next season.”

In May, Dembele hadn’t ruled out the possibility of leaving Les Gones but admitted he was content in Ligue 1.

“I signed for five years with Lyon and I’m happy there but we’ll see what happens,” Moussa had said. I’m happy to stay with Lyon next season but we’ll see.”

Meanwhile, Serie A giants Juventus are ready to withdraw their long-standing interest in Manchester United star Paul Pogba in order to land the Nerhalnds international Matthijs de Ligt and Paris Saint-Germain’s contact rebel Adrien Rabiot, according to Sky Italia.

Lyon star pours cold water on Man Utd hopes of signing him this summer

Lyon forward Moussa Dembele says he won’t be moving this summer transfer window, in spite of reports that Manchester United were keen on signing him.

Dembele switched from Celtic the previous year for just under £20 million, and it had been speculated Manchester United would make a £40 million move for him in the summer.

The striker netted 23 goals in 52 matches for Lyon in the 2018/19 season, and he followed that up with the winner in his country’s Under-21’s win over Croatia on Friday to send France into the semi-finals.

United have been connected with a number of young attackers this summer as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer plans to inject some energy into the attack, with Joao Felix, Dembele and Jadon Sancho among those reported to be interesting him.

But Moussa has moved to end the speculation regarding his future, by committing his long-term future to Lyon after the Croatia match.

Dembele said: “I still have 4 years left on my contract, I will be in Lyon next season.”

In May, Dembele hadn’t ruled out the possibility of leaving Les Gones but admitted he was content in Ligue 1.

“I signed for five years with Lyon and I’m happy there but we’ll see what happens,” Moussa had said. I’m happy to stay with Lyon next season but we’ll see.”

Meanwhile, Serie A giants Juventus are ready to withdraw their long-standing interest in Manchester United star Paul Pogba in order to land the Nerhalnds international Matthijs de Ligt and Paris Saint-Germain’s contact rebel Adrien Rabiot, according to Sky Italia.

Liverpool reportedly in contact with French club for highly-rated French star

Liverpool and league rivals Arsenal have stepped up their reported interest in the Ligue 1 side Lyon striker Moussa Dembele – according to a report.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s Manchester United have been considered favourites for his services with Celtic waiting in the wings for a possible windfall amid reports a €40m bid was on the table.

The Hoops inserted a 10% sell-on clause into their former player’s contract when he completed a £19.8m move to Lyon the previous summer.

The 22-year-old star steadily found his form in the French top-flight and that’s attracted the interest of the Premier League’s big hitters.

According to L’Equipe, Unai Emery and Jurgen Klopp’s sides have now “made contact” with Les Gones, who earlier in June appeared to rule out a sale.

The club’s chief Juninho insists Dembele won’t be heading for the exit, this summer transfer window at least.

The Brazilian said: “There will be only three departures from the club this summer and they won’t be either Moussa Dembele or Memphis Depay.

“Moussa’s form has been a nice surprise for us this season. He’s very good technically and we want to build on that. We want to keep him and we will.”

The forward himself, however, has made no such assurances. He appears to be keeping the options open amid the mounting interest in Premier League.

Moussa said in April: “I signed for five years with Lyon and I’m happy there but we’ll see what happens. I’m happy to stay with Lyon next season but we’ll see.”

Not Pepe: Liverpool in talks to sign one of Ligue 1 club most important forwards

Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester United and Chelsea have all been in touch with Lyon about landing Moussa Dembele, reports say.

The Frenchman joined Lyon last year from the Scottish side Celtic in a £19.7 million move and bagged 21 goals in his first campaign with the Ligue 1 side.

The 22-year-old star’s form has again caught the attention of a number of Premier League outfits and he is on the transfer radar of four teams, according to Duncan Castles, speaking on the Transfer Window podcast.

The Reds, Blues, Gunners and Red Devils have asked Les Gones to alert them if they decide to sell Dembele and if any offers come in for the centre-forward this summer.

Lyon do expect to receive proposals for Dembele in the coming weeks but are interested in holding onto the Frenchman as the board expect to lose several important players.

The Blues have had a long-standing interest in Moussa having tracked the player since his days at Fulham, but their move for the star depends on whether they can overturn their quickly approaching transfer ban.

The Red Devils too have been repeatedly connected with Dembele, with some French reports stating the Red Devils lodged a £35 million bid for the forward last month.

The Gunners’ interest is said to be driven by coach Unai Emery, who is a huge fan of Dembele and would like the star at the Emirates should Alexandre Lacazette or Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang leave the club this summer.

The Reds’ interest stems from their need for a new forward after it was confirmed Daniel Sturridge will depart the club at the end of his contract.

Liverpool forced to look elsewhere as Lyon refuse to sell one of key attacking players

Liverpool’s hopes of landing striker Moussa Dembele have been dashed after Ligue 1 giants Lyon confirmed he wouldn’t be available for transfer.

The 22-year-old star was in fine form in his first campaign with the French side, netting 23 goals in 52 matches in all competitions.

His displays had made him a target for some of the bigger sides across Europe, including Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool.

It had been reported that a sum of around £30m would be enough to lure Les Gones into doing business.

Any chance of a potential deal, though, has now come to an end after the club’s sporting director Juninho insisted the French centre-forward would not be allowed to depart.

A report in today’s Daily Record cites Juninho as saying: “There will only be three departures from the club this summer and they won’t be either Moussa Dembele or Memphis Depay.”

“Moussa’s form has been a nice surprise for us this season. He’s very good technically, and we want to build on that. We want to keep him, and we will.”

The announcement also ends talk over Depay’s future. The Dutch star is another player on the books at Les Gones who had been heavily connected with a move to Liverpool, but it seems as though that’s unlikely to happen.

Meantime, PSV Eindhoven star Steven Bergwijn has reportedly appeared as a transfer target for Tottenham Hotspur.

Liverpool have previously been connected with a move for the 21-year-old ace, but it appears that they face competition from one of their EPL rivals.

According to the Daily Mail, Spurs are prepared to make an approach for him, who is expected to cost in the region of £35 million.

Man Utd reportedly sanction big-money move for in-demand Lyon star

Manchester United have reportedly made an initial offer of €45m to Lyon in a bid to land highly-rated forward Moussa Dembele.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer does not seem to be playing around as far as restructuring his roster is concerned.

The Red Devils have, according to Euro United, submitted an opening offer of €45m for him and are waiting to hear back from Les Gones with respect to the offer.

Interestingly, the report comes a couple of days after Euro United stated the club were plotting a €45 million move for the French striker, who has gained quite a status in the transfer market.

While the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal had registered interest in the prior report, there’s no mention of any other side in the current update.

The Frenchman has had an invariably long way towards achieving a credible reputation in European football.

Beginning his life at Paris Saint-Germain, Moussa moved to Fulham, where he got his senior debut.

But, it was his move to Celtic and his two campaign with the Scottish heavyweights that grabbed everyone’s attention.

France U21 international was snapped up by Les Gones in the summer transfer window of 2018.

In his first Ligue 1 season, Dembele has finished the campaign with 15 league goals to his name, the same as Brazilian superstar Neymar and veteran forward Radamel Falcao.

And the 22-year-old star will likely be a perfect fit to Ole’s ideas and footballing system.

The coach wants players with a good work-rate and ability to contribute to the team during the player’s time on the pitch.

Also, the transfer makes sense, with Romelu Lukaku tipped to depart United amid interest from Inter Milan, who are understood to be close to confirming Antonio Conte as their new head coach.

Ligue 1 club receive first official offer from Man Utd for 23-goals star

Manchester United have reportedly submitted an opening offer of €40 million (£35 million) for Lyon striker Moussa Dembele, according to the latest reports in France.

The 22-year-old star has made an instant impact at Les Gones after his £19.7 million move from Celtic the previous summer, scoring 23 goals in 51 matches for the France club.

The Red Devils, meanwhile, are looking to strengthen Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s attacking variants by recruiting a new striker and a winger.

Romelu Lukaku’s future at the club is also uncertain as reports on Friday stated that he has now agreed to personal terms with Inter Milan, who are set to appoint Italian tactician Antonio Conte as their new manager.

Conte, who wanted Romelu when he was manager at EPL giants Chelsea, is keen for the 26-year-old star to join Nerazzurri but the Italian outfit are looking to pay lower than the Red Devils’ £70m asking price.

According to Goal France, Manchester United have now sent their first bid in excess of €40m (£35m) to Jean-Michel Aula’s club in the hope of securing a summer deal for Dembele.

The report also states that club legend Eric Cantona, who now works as an ambassador for Manchester United, has privately endorsed the offer to sign Dembele as he is a massive fan of the striker.

Moussa still has four years remaining on the contract he signed with Lyon the previous summer.

In other news, Manchester United are reportedly no closer to agreeing on a fresh long-term contract with David de Gea, according to Sky Sports News.

Man Utd boss reportedly identifies France U21 star as potential summer signing

Manchester United coach Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is reportedly interested in a younger squad for the 2019/20 campaign, making Ligue 1 outfit Lyon forward Moussa Dembele a target for the summer transfer market.

The 22-year-old star has scored 20 goals across all competitions this campaign and looks a great prospect, having also previously shone in stints at Scottish outfit Celtic and Premier League club Fulham.

Dembele netted 15 goals in 54 EFL Championship matches for Fulham as a youngster, before then scoring an impressive 51 in 94 appearances in all competitions throughout his time in Scotland.

It remains to be seen if the centre-forward could now make that step up to the EPL, but the Sun report he is a £40 million summer transfer target for the Red Devils this summer as the club consider replacing Romelu Lukaku.

While the Belgian star made a bright start at Manchester United last season, the star has just not looked the same player that football fans saw at Everton and it is understandable that he could now consider a summer exit.

Inter Milan have been connected with the Belgium international by an Italian media outlet Calciomercato, translating a report from the print edition of Tuttosport, and Moussa could well be an upgrade.

And even if the French player does not shine straight away, the Sun state Solskjaer is simply interested in bringing in a young roster he can work with for next campaign, which looks a sensible long-term strategy for the club after some poor recent swoops in the summer transfer market.

Man Utd holding talks with Lyon over €22m signing but face stiff competition

Manchester United coach Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has reportedly stepped up his pursuit of French striker Moussa Dembele – and has made his club, Lyon aware of his interest.

Mirror Football revealed the previous month that the EPL club were keeping a close eye on the striker, who arrived at Les Gones from the Scottish club Celtic last summer transfer window.

Manchester United are desperate to improve the attack this summer market and 22-year-old Moussa has been massively impressive in France this term.

Dembele has netted 20 goals across all competitions and the star’s work rate and prolific scoring evidence for the minutes played this campaign has caught the eye of scouts.

And a French daily sports newspaper L’Equipe have stated that Manchester United chiefs have made official contact with the French heavyweights over the possibility of landing the striker this summer.

Belgium forward Romelu Lukaku’s long-term future could be uncertain and the Red Devils may be looking to improve their attacking options this summer.

Lyon are aware of serious interest from the English top-flight and know they will face a battle to retain the services of their French star.

The Old Trafford outfit aren’t the only English club interested in bringing him to the Premier League next campaign.

Arsenal are also keeping tabs with manager Unai Emery a huge fan and they made enquiries before he moved to Parc Olympique Lyonnais last summer.

It’s also stated that Diego Simeone’s Atletico Madrid have also approached Les Gones, and remain interested in the talented forward.

Man Utd holding talks with Lyon over €22m signing but face tough competition

Manchester United coach Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has reportedly stepped up his pursuit of French striker Moussa Dembele – and has made his club, Lyon aware of his interest.

Mirror Football revealed the previous month that the EPL club were keeping a close eye on the striker, who arrived at Les Gones from the Scottish club Celtic last summer transfer window.

Manchester United are desperate to improve the attack this summer market and 22-year-old Moussa has been massively impressive in France this term.

Dembele has netted 20 goals across all competitions and the star’s work rate and prolific scoring evidence for the minutes played this campaign has caught the eye of scouts.

And a French daily sports newspaper L’Equipe have stated that Manchester United chiefs have made official contact with the French heavyweights over the possibility of landing the striker this summer.

Belgium forward Romelu Lukaku’s long-term future could be uncertain and the Red Devils may be looking to improve their attacking options this summer.

Lyon are aware of serious interest from the English top-flight and know they will face a battle to retain the services of their French star.

The Old Trafford outfit aren’t the only English club interested in bringing him to the Premier League next campaign.

Arsenal are also keeping tabs with manager Unai Emery a huge fan and they made enquiries before he moved to Parc Olympique Lyonnais last summer.

It’s also stated that Diego Simeone’s Atletico Madrid have also approached Les Gones, and remain interested in the talented forward.