Footy Extras

Premier League Giant Plot Surprise Raid For West Ham attacker

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is reportedly considering an approach for West Ham United youngster Domingos Quina.

The 17-year-old joined West Ham from Chelsea last summer, and the teenager made two Europa League appearances for the Hammers in the early stages of the 2016-17 season.

Quina was not involved in West Ham’s Premier League squad last season, but it is understood that he is highly-rated at the London Stadium.

According to Sky Sports News, Arsenal were also interested last summer, and the Gunners are preparing an offer for Quina after being impressed with the midfielder’s performances for Portugal Under-19s during the Under-19 European Championships this summer.

Quina started his youth career with Benfica, before spending three years with Chelsea between 2013 and 2016.

Manager Confirms Striker Suffered Whiplash After Wonder Goal Against Crystal Palace

West Ham manager Slaven Bilic has confirmed that Andy Carroll suffered whiplash after scoring an incredible bicycle kick in the 3-0 win over Crystal Palace on Saturday.

The 28-year-old scored what he called ‘the greatest goal of his career’ after he thumped Michail Antonio’s cross into the top-corner with a supremely powerful scissor-kick.

But the injury-prone striker didn’t escape the goal unscathed, as according to Bilic he suffered whiplash at the end of the game.

However, Bilic went on to confirm that he ‘trained hard’ this week and that he should be okay for Saturday’s trip to Middlesbrough.

“The physios told me @AndyTCarroll had whiplash at the end of the game but he trained hard on Tuesday and hopefully he will be okay.”¬†He said during his pre-match press conference.

Bilic also revealed that Sam Byram and Winston Reid suffered knocks in the 3-0 victory at the London Stadium, but he hopes they will both be okay this Saturday.

“We had a couple of knocks with @sambyram93 and @WinstonReid2 but hopefully they will be okay. I am optimistic all of them will be fit.”

Speaking about the prospect of facing a defensively-resolute Middlesbrough on Saturday, Bilic said:¬†“We have a very difficult game on Saturday against a team who are very solid and don’t concede a lot but it is a good opportunity for us.”

Manager provides latest update on Man United transfer target

West Ham United manager Slaven Bilic has remained adamant on his stance that French international and Hammers’ starman Dimitri Payet will not be leaving the club despite continuous transfer links.

Payet who has been a standout performer for West Ham since joining the West London club last season has been linked with a move away from the club following their slow first half of the Premier League.

Speaking after his side’s’ two-nil loss to Manchester United on Monday via Goal.com, the West Ham manager insisted that West Ham will not part with Payet.

“We said that he started the season and we are moving up and forward, and we want to keep our best players.

“He is definitely our best player and we want to keep him. He’s playing well, playing good. Recently he’s playing really good. He worked really hard today.”

The 29-year-old who signed a new five-year deal with the Hammers in February has been heavily linked with a return to Ligue 1 and is reportedly being targeted by Manchester United as Jose Mourinho looks to get the Red Devils amongst the top four.

Despite all of this, the Hammers boss is adamant that Payet will remain at the London Stadium.

With two goals and six assists so far this Premier League season, there is no doubt that Bilic has the Frenchman at the forefront of his future plans, while he was substituted against United, Bilic has praised the midfielder for his dedication and work-rate for the side.

“He showed his quality and energy for the team. He had to defend a lot, very deep against Antonio Valencia. He doesn’t look troubled by the speculation.

“Don’t forget we put in this amount of energy two days after a game.”

With the transfer window open, Payet will be heavily monitored by suitors, although West Ham will be desperate to keep their talisman as they begin their climb up the Premier League table.

West Ham’s next challenge sees them pitted against Manchester City in the third round of the FA Cup and Bilic will be hoping his star man can show his brilliance once again.

West Ham lining up a shock move to re sign PL striker

West Ham United are reportedly lining up a sensational return to the club for Sunderland striker Jermain Defoe in the January transfer window with a bid of £6m.

The Hammers have began their mini revival in the Premier League with back-to-back wins over fellow relegation battlers Burnley and Hull City in recent weeks following a poor start to the season, but their record of 19 goals in their opening 17 matches this campaign sees them just five points off the bottom three.

And according to the ‚ÄčSun, club coach Slaven Bilic will look to change this by bringing back Defoe to the East London side, where he began his footballing career, to cancel out their current crop of misfiring attacking options and bump them up the table in the new year.

The former England international made his senior debut at West Ham in 1999 after being poached from Charlton’s academy, scoring 29 goals in 93 games before moving to London rivals Tottenham Hotspur in January 2004.

And his goalscoring ability in the Premier League has continued for the veteran during his current spell with the Black Cats, with eight goals and two assists so far this campaign, and has proven he can still do it on the big stage.

However, should the deal not be done, Bilic has some other targets to bolster his attacking options, including the out-of-favour AC Milan striker Carlos Bacca, who has been a target for the Hammers for some time now, including after a failed attempt in the summer window this season.

Man United in talks with West Ham United ace over a possible transfer

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho been speaking directly to West Ham United midfielder Dimitri Payet about a possible January move to the club, according to reports in France.

The French international was the Hammers stand out performer last season, and despite his side’s underwhelming first half of the campaign, Payet is still a highly-coveted playmaker.

United’s Portuguese boss is apparently a fan and would be keen to put the player out of his relegation-battling misery, with a sensational move to Old Trafford in a few weeks time.

French news outlet ‚ÄčLe10Sport have reported that Mourinho has actually been in contact with the player himself, in an attempt to convince the Frenchman that the grass is greener in Manchester.

How Mourinho has exactly been able to get in contact with a star such as Payet without anyone knowing up until now remains a mystery, and despite plenty of scepticism around the story, one can certainly imagine a club like Manchester United being interested in acquiring the Hammers star.

Payet would certainly add some attacking spark to a set of United forwards that are struggling to hit the back of the net, especially at home, and could be the missing piece for Mourinho who still seems unsure of his best starting XI in the league.

The 29-year-old himself would probably not be able to turn down such a move at his age, with it probably being his last chance for European football at a big club, however whether this story holds any depth remains to be seen.

West Ham are now in the pole position to sign Liverpool forward

West Ham have reportedly pulled clear in the race to sign out of favour Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge, according to the ‚ÄčExpress.

Sturridge has had a torrid time with various injuries in recent seasons, making 35 Premier League appearances since his starring role in the 2013-14 season, where he scored 21 league goals.

He has still managed 12 Premier League goals since that season, but is yet to hit the back of the net in eight league league appearances this year.

The forward trio of Sadio Mane, Philippe Coutinho and Roberto Firmino have impressed this season, contributing heavily towards the 30 league goals already scored by Liverpool this season.

Despite the fact that Liverpool are competing for the Premier League title, Sturridge looks set to move away from the club in January, with West Ham reportedly leading the pack in the race for the 27-year-old.

West Ham have been on the hunt for a star forward since the conclusion of last season, with the likes of Carlos Bacca being linked with a move to the Hammers.

The club did manage to secure the loan signing of Juventus forward Simone Zaza, but the Italy international is yet to score for the club. The 25-year-old looks likely to leave in January, with La Liga club Valencia apparently interested.

Slaven Bilic’s side have also enquired into the possibility of signing young Chelsea midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek. The 20-year-old is tipped for big things but has made just one Premier League appearance so far this season for Antonio Conte’s side.

Deal Close: West Ham star to sign a new long-term deal amid Man United interest

West Ham United defender Reece Oxford looks set to pen a new five-year contract worth £20k-a-week, effectively fending off interest from the likes of Manchester City and Manchester United, according to  reports.

The 17-year-old’s future looked uncertain earlier this year when it emerged that contract talks had stalled, but news filtering out of the club suggests that he will in fact sign a new deal in spite of summer¬† exit-talks.

Both Manchester clubs were previously leading the race for Oxford, who has been dubbed as the ‘next Rio Ferdinand, only for their interest to be quashed by advancing contract talks.

Red Devils boss Jose Mourinho was particularly interested in the teenager, sending scouts to assess him at the Under-19 European Championship in the summer.

And for a while it seemed as though the talented youngster could be on his way out of West Ham, with manager Slaven Bilic using him sparingly over the last 12 months.

Oxford’s current contract is set to expire in 2018, but with the risk of a free-transfer leading him astray next summer, a new deal was a priority for West Ham.

The teenager has been sidelined this month after picking up an ankle ligament in training, but he should be back with the first team by the end of November which could see him picked for a clash against rivals Arsenal, the fixture he made a name for himself in last year.

Slaven Bilic handed Oxford his debut on the first game of last season, employing the then 16-year-old in a holding-midfield position in a comfortable win at the Emirates.

West Ham’s The 27-year-old star could make sensational move to the far east

West Ham striker Andy Carroll could be in line with a spectacular January switch to the Chinese Super League, with two clubs set to battle it out for the injury-ravaged £20m-rated forward, according to the Express.

The 27-year-old has endured yet another frustrating campaign through injury, appearing just once in the Premier League before picking up a knee injury in a Europa League clash against Astra Giurgiu.

But now his spirits could be handed a boost, as it’s being reported that Carroll will be offered a whopping ¬£300k-per-week contract if he moves to the Far-East.

However, Carroll is now settled in Essex with his wife, reality TV star Billi Mucklow, and their child, meaning that a move across the globe may not be on the agenda for the former Newcastle striker.

The Hammers signed Carroll from Liverpool for £15m in 2013, meaning that they would make a tidy £5m profit if he does complete a January switch to either Beijing Guoan or Guangzhou R&F.
But the former Liverpool man is still in West Ham boss Slaven Bilic’s plans, with the¬† Mirror¬† quoting the¬†Croatian manager as¬†saying: ‚ÄúI have a lot of feelings for Andy,”
He continued: “I don’t hide it. I love Andy Carroll. Every time he has started or come off of the bench, he has been brilliant for us.

‚ÄúIt‚Äôs virtually impossible to mark him in the box and even outside the box he is brilliant also.‚ÄĚ

Carroll is expected to be back in action in a fortnight’s time when West Ham travel to White Hart Lane to face bitter-rivals Tottenham.

“It was a great atmosphere” – Says West Ham United manager Bilic

West Ham manager Slaven Bilic has claimed that the Hammers have no excuses for failing to fulfil expectations, feeling that the team have adapted to playing at the London Stadium in spite of the recent violence in the stands at the start of the season.
‚Äč
‚ÄčThe last home fixture saw the team record a memorable 2-1 victory in the EFL Cup over Antonio Conte’s Chelsea, who had dispatched Manchester United 4-0 a few days beforehand.
‚Äč
‚ÄčAnd Bilic spoke to the ‚Äčmedia about the EFL victory prior to the game against Stoke City this weekend, which was overshadowed by violent scenes in the crowd.

He said: “It was a great atmosphere. Don’t get me wrong, what happened at the end was unacceptable and awful, but during the game it was a derby, a cup game, under the lights.
‚Äč
“We felt really great and also because of that atmosphere we played well, and it felt good because we had the fans behind us so we couldn’t ask for a better atmosphere.”
‚Äč
‚ÄčThe club have now begun to consider ways to segregate fans more to avoid the risk of such violence happening again in the future: ‚Äč”It may help but that’s the only thing that we can do.
‚Äč
“The club have done everything, you can’t say there wasn’t segregation for the game against Chelsea, there was enough segregation, the gap between our fans and Chelsea fans was obvious.

“Now the club’s going to make an even bigger gap, and to be fair that’s all that we can do.”
‚Äč
‚ÄčBilic also remains concerned over the lack of goals particularly from the strikers as neither Simone Zaza, Ashley Fletcher, Jonathan Calleri or the fit-again ¬£20m summer signing Andre Ayew have scored this season.
‚Äč
“We are not scoring many goals and we are creating chances. But I would rather have us creating chances and waiting for a moment that we’re going to convert them, than not to create them all.

“We were disappointed with the defeat at Everton last week but we are playing good recently really and we on a good path. We’re going to score goals.”
‚Äč
‚ÄčWinston Reid will miss this weekend’s game against Stoke as a result of a suspension.
‚Äč
‚ÄčThe Croatian manager also hopes to see strikers Diafro Sakho and Andy Carroll return after the injury break following their injuries. ‚ÄčCarroll was this week threatened at gunpoint on his way from training and an investigation is taking place by the police.

Euro giants set to offer West Ham striker an escape route

AC Milan are reportedly set to hand Simone Zaza a way out of his footballing nightmare at West Ham United, according to Calciomercatoweb.

The Italian news outlet claims that the Serie A side are ready to bring Zaza back to Italy’s top flight just two months after the striker joined the Hammers on a season-long loan deal from Juventus.
Zaza has struggled to find any semblance of form since he moved to the Premier League, and has gone nine matches without finding the back of the net for Slaven Bilic’s men in all competitions – form which has led to widespread criticism of the 25-year-old from West Ham fans and the media.

Napoli had been linked with plotting a move for Zaza on the continent, but it is Milan who are now believed to be in pole position to bring the forward home, with the upcoming January transfer window looking like a potential opportunity for the San Siro-based outfit to do so after allegedly tracking Zaza since September.

Reports in the media have also suggested that Zaza has become unhappy at the negative reaction he has received in the British press, and is open to a move back to Italy as a result

Zaza had been drafted in to West Ham’s first team squad after, somewhat ironically, a bid from the Hammers for Milan’s Carlos Bacca failed in the final couple of weeks of the summer transfer window.

However, the Italy international has failed to light up the English top flight and has recently lost his place in the starting eleven to Michail Antonio – the winger now operating as a makeshift striker until the likes of Andy Carroll return to full fitness for Bilic’s charges.

West Ham could now look to cancel his loan deal, which also has a clause stipulating that the Irons must buy Zaza for around £20m if he plays 14 matches for them, if they can bring in a new forward in the winter window.