Kai Havertz has asked to quit Bayer Leverkusen this summer with Chelsea prepared to pay the midfielder’s €100 million (£89.8m) asking price, according to the latest reports in Germany.
The 21-year-old has drawn interest from several clubs across the continent following his impressive performances in the Bundesliga.
Chelsea and Liverpool are both keen on the midfielder but the newly crowned Premier League champions have been put off by the Germans’ high valuation.
According to a report by a German publication Bild, the Blues’ are now leading the race to sign Kai as they are the only club who are currently in a position to meet Die Werkself’s asking price.
However, the Blues are looking to fund the deal by paying in instalments with €70 million (£62.9m) up front plus another €30m (£26.9m) in add-ons.
Havertz is understood to be interested in joining Chelsea on the condition that they secure a place in next season’s UCL.
As it stands, Frank Lampard’s side currently sit third in the PL following their 3-2 win over Crystal Palace on Tuesday.
Bild also claim that Real Madrid are very interested in Kai but the Spanish club cannot fund such an expensive transfer without offloading stars first.
Havertz, however, is not willing to wait another year and wants to depart Leverkusen this summer.
Bayern Munich are also keen admirers of the talent but the Bundesliga champions have already indicated that they are only keen on a deal next summer having already signed Leroy Sane from Manchester City.
West Ham reportedly want to keep Chelsea target Declan Rice in the next transfer market and are confident Frank Lampard’s side won’t pay his £70m price tag, according to reports.
After adding Ajax’s Hakim Ziyech and RB Leipzig’s Timo Werner to the squad for next season, Blues chief is also keen on solidifying his defence.
England international Declan has been identified as a potential solution considering his ability to play at centre-back as well as defensive midfield.
The 21-year-old ace has emerged as one of the Premier League’s brightest talents in recent years, attracting interest from the likes of Chelsea and Manchester United.
However, according to ESPN, given his contract doesn’t expire until June 2024, with an added option for an extra year, West Ham remain assured that they can keep the player at the London Stadium.
West Ham value the all-around midfielder at over £70m, but, their stance may change should they get relegated to the EFL Championship.
David Moyes’ men are just four points above the relegation zone with five matches left to play this season.
West Ham left-back Aaron Cresswell recently revealed that his team-mate would reach the next level should he move on to a bigger side in the future.
‘He’s close to 100 Premier League games already, and I’m not just saying that because he’s a West Ham player and a good mate of mine, but I really do believe he’s one of the top talents in the country,’ Aaron told talkSPORT.
‘I wouldn’t like to see him leave, but if he were to ever leave he would become another level with better players around him.’
Gary Neville thinks Frank Lampard has already decided to sell Chelsea star Jorginho this summer.
The Italy international, who former Blues manager Maurizio Sarri bought for £50 million back in 2018, has not featured for Chelsea since the campaign resumed last month.
With the injured N’Golo Kante ruled out of the club’s trip to Crystal Palace on Tuesday, Jorginho was expected to be handed the chance to impress and revive his career at Stamford Bridge.
But Frank instead opted to start Scottish teenager Billy Gilmour, with Gary believing this was further evidence that Frank is ready to offload Jorginho.
The 28-year-old did make a brief cameo at Selhurst Park, coming on for the final ten minutes as his side secured a 3-2 victory.
‘You have to think that he [Jorginho] is being managed out of Stamford Bridge,’ Manchester United icon Neville told Sky Sports.
‘I think it’s been clear from the moment Frank Lampard came in that he wants to build a young and hungry squad.’
In other news, Bayern Munich are allegedly prepared to allow David Alaba to make the final decision on his long-term future.
While Alaba is regarded as an important man at the Allianz Arena, the versatile defender has just one year remaining on his contract.
That has led to speculation regarding the Austrian’s next move as Chelsea, Real Madrid and Barcelona contemplate approaches during the next transfer market.
According to The Mirror, Bayern are content for the 28-year-old to quit the club this summer, providing that they receive a suitable fee.
Chelsea star Michy Batshuayi is heading towards the Stamford Bridge exit, according to DH in Belgium.
The striker, who has not featured for the Blues since February, has a contract at Stamford Bridge until June 2021, and it’s claimed West Ham United and Crystal Palace could be keen on the 26-year-old.
That’s helped by the fact Chelsea will make him available in the transfer window, therefore making things a bit easier should the Eagles and/or the Hammers come knocking.
Any transfer would not be cheap, however, as the report states Chelsea will try to recover all or part of the €40m invested in landing the player in 2016.
With a year left on the deal, a Belgian outlet add potential buyers will be tempted to lower Michy’s price tag.
Such a move by the likes of Crystal Palace, West Ham or other interested teams could lead them to face complications because of Blues director Marina Granovskaia’s reputation of being a tough negotiator.
Then again, the west Londoners have already signed Timo Werner from RB Leipzig and with Olivier Giroud extending his deal for one more season, Batshuayi will have no place at the club next season.
It’s worth to say that the ex-Marseille man spent the second half of last campaign on loan at Selhurst Park, netting five goals in 11 league appearances, and seemingly enjoyed his time there.
Meanwhile, Chelsea forward Tammy Abraham has reportedly told the club that he wants a fresh contract worth £130,000 per week.
The 22-year-old star has enjoyed a breakthrough season at Stamford Bridge this term, scoring 16 goals in 40 appearances and spending much of the season as Frank Lampard’s first-choice centre-forward.
Following months of rumours, it seems like Italian clubs are finally starting making their moves for Chelsea star Emerson Palmieri.
According to an Italian media outlet Tutto Mercato Web, Inter Milan have just made the first offer to sign the fullback.
The report says I Nerazzurri are offering an initial amount of €20 million plus €5 million in bonuses for the Brazilian.
They report these numbers are meant to‘satisfy director Marina Granovskaia’s requests. Chelsea initially demanded €30 million, but the feelings seem positive for a total agreement.
Tutto Mercato Web adds that the personal offer for Palmieri is pretty good as well. He makes €3m plus bonuses per year at Chelsea, and Antonio Conte’s side are offering him a salary of €4m over the next five seasons.
Regarding the competition, the outlet also states that Inter Milan are offering the player more than Gennaro Gattuso’s Napoli did. And Juventus are still to launch a move since their offer would depend on the sale of Alex Sandro first.
Meantime, Chelsea are reportedly ready to part ways with Fikayo Tomori on loan as they plan to strike a deal for West Ham United’s Declan Rice.
The Blues’ board have already been busy in the transfer market and are prepared to welcome Hakim Ziyech and Timo Werner to the club ahead of the 2020-21 term.
Frank Lampard is supposedly interested in shoring up his defence in the summer window as well, with Declan mentioned as a potential signing alongside Leicester City star Ben Chilwell.
According to The Athletic, the Blues are open to allowing Tomori to join them on a temporary deal, but the club are reluctant to let the 22-year-old leave permanently following his breakthrough campaign.
Chelsea are eyeing up a move for Alphonse Areola as a possible replacement for Kepa Arrizabalaga, according to the latest reports in France.
It has been a mixed season for Kepa, who was dropped by Frank Lampard earlier in the year.
The star has since reclaimed his starting berth, but there are still rumours that the Blues could be looking for a replacement.
The Blues have already added Hakim Ziyech and Timo Werner to their squad ahead of next campaign. Now, the club’s management could be looking for reinforcements at the back.
So far, Chelsea have been mentioned with a number of goalkeepers, as reports of an exit for Arrizabalga continue to circulate.
Among those rumoured to be of interest are Roman Burki, Andre Onana and Nick Pope.
However, Le10 Sport report there is another name in the frame, in the shape of Alphonse. The 27-year-old has spent this term at Real Madrid, on loan from Paris Saint-Germain.
Areola has been unable to dislodge ex-Chelsea star Thibaut Courtois as number one, and there is no room for him back at the Parisians, who will be looking to cash in on him.
The French outlet adds that Chelsea have added Areola to their list of targets to replace Arrizabalaga.
However, Newcastle are also believed to be in the hunt – with both clubs planning to open negotiations for the France international within the next few weeks.
Alphonse still has three years left on his deal at the Parc Des Princes, but PSG’s desire to sell could present an opportunity for either of the PL duo.
He was a World Cup winner with France back in 2018 but didn’t play a single minute during the tournament.
Tammy Abraham has allegedly told Chelsea he wants a new contract worth £130,000-a-week to extend his stay at Stamford Bridge.
Tammy has demanded that he is paid the same as fellow attacker Callum Hudson-Odoi.
The winger, handed a bumper fresh deal to fend off interest from Bayern Munich, is three years Tammy’s junior and has started just seven times in the top-flight this season compared to 24 starts for Abraham.
Tammy, an England international, has two years left on his existing £50,000-a-week deal.
He has been unwilling to commit his future to Frank Lampard’s side, waiting to see their movements in the transfer window before agreeing to sign.
According to The Times, he’ll only sign a deal if it at least matches Hudson-Odoi’s £120,000 per week plus bonuses deal, while he is also using new player Timo Werner’s £170,000-a-week contract as a bargaining chip in talks.
Abraham, who spent last campaign on loan at Aston Villa, has scored 15 goals for Chelsea this term but has struggled for form in the latest times.
He has failed to find the net in his past 10 matches for the club and was dropped by Lampard for the 3-0 win against Watford on Saturday.
Frank said of his situation: ‘Tammy’s contract is not at a critical level and I will leave it to him and the club to discuss.
‘He has had a really good season. He needs to focus on giving us that Tammy we had earlier in the season, when he was scoring regularly.
‘You could see it in his demeanour through the week, that is what he needs to sustain all the time.’
Inter Milan have allegedly opened discussions with Chelsea over a reported deal for Emerson Palmieri.
The 25-year-old star has made 19 appearances for the west Londoners during the 2019-20 campaign but is currently down the pecking order at the club and continues to be linked with a summer exit.
Rumours of interest from I Nerazzurri have gathered pace in the latest weeks, and according to Sky Sports News, the Italian side are currently in talks with Chelsea over a rumoured deal.
Emerson, who has a contract with the Blues until the summer of 2022, has featured on 14 occasions in the top-flight during the current season.
Chelsea are expected to bring a new left-back to the club ahead of next season, though, and fellow defender Marcos Alonso has also been mentioned with a move away ahead of this summer’s transfer market.
Leicester City’s defender Ben Chilwell is thought to be the London-based heavyweights leading defensive target.
Meanwhile, Michael Ballack has backed forward Timo Werner’s decision to sign for Chelsea over Liverpool, claiming that the former RB Leipzig star will have a much bigger impact at Stamford Bridge.
“If Liverpool was really an option for him, he made the best decision for him, and only he can make that decision,” Michael told the i newspaper.
“Chelsea are building a young team, a new team, with a young coach. It is a great project to be part of, given how young Timo is.
“To be the main striker, at a huge club like Chelsea, is the best place for him. He can have a much bigger impact than he could at Liverpool.”